Oil & Gas Services
Pipeline and Roof Coatings
Internal diameter (ID) coatings are used to improve the flow of product through a pipeline by creating a smooth defect-free surface, greatly increasing the flow rate.
- Corrosion and abrasion protection – to protect from corrosion, abrasion, erosion, and heat while friction coefficients are improved. This means significant reduction of energy requirements by increasing flow rate and product’s purity.
- Friction reduction – friction reduction, removal of calcification or corrosion byproduct, and prevention of future adhesion.
- Insulator for electrically heated pipe-in-pipe lines to reduce pipe maintenance and make pipeline inspection easier
- Temperature protection
- Joint protection – ensures that each weld is thoroughly cleaned and properly coated.
- Protects steel pipelines being stored for extended periods prior to installation.
- Reduces the cost of inhibitors and pigging.
- Eliminates the formation of black powder and inhibits microorganism growth.
- Extends the life of the pipeline.
- Offers improved visual inspection with a smooth and hard surface.
Coating Application Usage Examples:
- Oil and Gas Lines – Internal pipe coatings can be used on all types of oil and gas lines. Heavier oil lines (higher sand content) can be coated using an abrasion resistant coating. Higher temperature lines (up to 150’C) can be coated with a high solids heat resistant coating. Oil and gas lines will be protected from corrosion, erosion, and temperature while friction coefficients are improved; this means significant gains in throughput and horsepower savings of up to 60% from a typically scaled pipeline.
- Potable Water Lines – potable water pipelines will be protected from corrosion, erosion, and temperature while reducing energy requirements by increasing flow rate.
Roofing & Waterproofing
Liquid rubber is a variety of synthetic rubber which is supplied in liquid form. When the rubber is utilized, it cures, hardening and holding a desired shape. There are a number of applications for this product, ranging from injection molded toys to roof sealants. This product can also be used as an adhesive, creating a tight seal when applied properly or for caulking and weatherproofing.
Liquid Rubber can be brush & roller applied, or for larger projects Liquid Rubber’s “Instant Set” system can be spray applied providing excellent and fast coverage, instantly waterproofing most surfaces. Liquid Rubber requires no primers or fleeces making it up to 5 times faster to apply versus some other systems. It sets as a single fully-bonded membrane with no joints or seams and its unique formula provides 1,100% elasticity and over 95% memory allowing for excessive roof movement.
Liquid Rubber eliminates the need for stripping old material providing an ideal over coating for most substrates including asphalt, timber, concrete, corrugated asbestos, metal and insulation boards for all types and sizes of roofs including flat roof installations.
Benefits of Using
- Contain no VOCs;
- Environmentally and worker friendly;
- No open flame or hot liquids to apply;
- We can cover up to 10,000 sq. ft per day;
- Can be top coated;
- Can be sprayed inside without a breathing mask;
- Excellent elongation and recovery, flexibility, and the ability to bridge cracks;
- Very high tensile strength;
- Product applied seamlessly;
- Very abrasion proof;
- Turns any surface totally corrosion proof;
- Withstands ponding water;
- Can be used for primary and secondary containment;
- Can be applied to almost anything, including: concrete, wood, steel and geotextile fabrics
- 10 year warranty; and
- Lasts up to 30 years.
Uses for Liquid Rubber
- Skid proof shop floors and walkways;
- Corrosion control;
- Foundations for wood, concrete, or Styrofoam;
- Ponds of any type;
- Pipes and culverts;
- Roofs of all types;
- Solar reflectance coating of 106 SRI, reflecting up to 84% of UVs to dramatically reduce cooling costs;
- Primary and secondary containment;
- Decks, Ships, Docks
- and Much, much more!
Need to hire a progressive and innovative company?
Stray Cat specializes in containment and industrial coating solutions