Industrial Spray Application
Stray Cat specializes in the application of Polyurea coating sprays used to protect against abrasion, corrosion, vibration and impact stresses for primary containment, tank linings, industrial flooring & roofing, amongst others. Polyurea is truly a remarkable coatings, linings and joint sealant technology being used successfully today in many different applications and industries.
The uses for our polyurea products continue to grow with over 200 different applications.
ADVANTAGES TO USING POLYUREA COATINGS
- Almost instant gel time;
- Fast cure, can be handled/walked on in less than 1 minute;
- In one application can apply to desired thickness;
- Seamless and flexible;
- Can be retrofitted with existing damaged liner;
- Stretches up to 750%;
- 5 times more puncture resistant than traditional HDPE liners;
- Can be installed at -45°C;
- DEP approved for primary and secondary containment;
- NSF approved;
- Resists thermal shock;
- Resistant to many chemicals;
- May be top coated;
- No VOCs;
- USDA/Agriculture Canada approved;
- Is hydrophobic and affected very little by damp or cold surfaces;
- ISO 9001 certification; and
- Meets Green Chemistry.
What is Polyurea
Polyurea is a type of elastomer (a polymer with the property of “elasticity”) that was developed utilizing traditional polyurethane technology combined with newly developed chemical components and its use is relatively new in the market place. These new chemical compositions display much superior physical properties than its polyurethane precursors, especially being hydrophobic (allowing for curing in the presence of water) and exhibiting much higher temperature resistance. Pure Polyurea coatings are eco-friendly, non-toxic, and contain no VOCs or solvents.